Financial Legal Advisor
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Bracknor Investment Group
- 16 Oct 17 2017-10-16
Bracknor is seeking a Financial Legal Advisor to help continue successfully growing the business. The investment professional will be an integral part of the team, responsible for a wide variety of analysis related to potential portfolio and existing portfolio company investments. Bracknor is proud of its talented team, strong industry relationships and commitment to long term success. We offer a variety of junior debt and equity financing options for lower mid- to middle-market listed companies throughout the world mostly in mature markets. The main business model is to deploy Private Investments in Public Equities (PIPE Deals).
Key Roles and Responsibilities
- Main tasks:
· Identify the client’s business objectives
· Conducting or facilitating legal due diligence (review of contracts, permits, organizational documents and other materials relating to the target company, the subject assets or financials transactions)
· Assist clients throughout the fund-raising process. This includes the preparation of offering materials, the preparation of partnership agreements, advising on and documenting management and compensation arrangements, and closing fund formation transactions.
· Drafting and negotiating a financial adviser engagement letter, a letter of intent and a confidentiality agreement,
· Drafting and negotiating the principal transaction agreement, including crafting appropriate representations, warranties, covenants and disclosure schedules in light of issues identified during due diligence and conditions to closing
·Plan out the deal with issuer and underwriter. A timeline is drawn up and tasks are allocated between the different parties.
·Deliver to the underwriters at closing a legal opinion and a disclosure letter on the offering based on due diligence.
IPO or other equity offering:
·Work with the client and its accounting firm to prepare and file a registration statement with the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC).
·Negotiate approval of a listing on the stock exchange. This involves the submission of documentation, certifications and letters that prove the client satisfies the listing requirements.
Qualifications & Skills:
·Led origination, structuring, execution, closing, and monitoring of mezzanine loans and equity investments.
· Leading due diligence (commercial, financial, market, legal, and integrity).
·Preparation and supervision of financial models and valuation exercise.
·Leading structuring and negotiation efforts (Term Sheet drafting and negotiation).
·Leading preparation of materials and presentation to the Bank’s Investment Committee and Board.
·Managing junior staff contributing to deal execution and monitoring.
·Supervising drafting and leading negotiation of closing documentation (loan agreement, Deed of Guarantee, shareholders' agreement, SPA, Subscription Agreement, etc.)