- Salary: Attractive tax-free salary
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Job Type: Full time
In conjunction with Group Treasury (and in compliance with Group policies and procedures), to establish internal treasury and corporate finance capability across the Automotive Group, covering: •Cash forecasting and capital requirements analysis; •Balance sheet structure, investment analysis and capital allocation across Automotive companies; •Market risk management strategies (transactional and country risks); •Structuring, negotiation and implementation of equity and debt finance solutions in support of Automotive Group requirements; •Financial structuring and transaction support of M&A transactions; •Management of overall liquidity within the Automotive Division, including optimum cash pooling; and •Support the introduction of appropriate Treasury technology and automation.
Capital investment and funding requirements:
- Analysis of business plans, budgets, forecasts and capex proposals of the Automotive Group, for alignment with Group investment metrics, and to establish short and medium term capital needs
- Professional challenge of underlying assumptions, performing stress tests and actively promoting forecasting accuracy
Balance sheet structure and capital allocation:
- In collaboration with Automotive Finance and Group Treasury, develop balance sheet structure and capital allocation recommendations, (existing entities, acquisitions, new projects, capex), across the Automotive Group as a whole
- Manage flows of capital across the Automotive Group, and maintain appropriate levels of capitalisation
- Provide Treasury input into business planning and performance reviews
Market risk management strategies:
- Market risk analysis of existing businesses, business plans and forecasts, as well as potential acquisitions
- Support, recommend and align risk hedging strategies across the Automotive Group
Transaction structuring, negotiation and implementation:
- In collaboration with Group Treasury (and based on agreed strategy), drive the structuring, negotiation, implementation of new debt facilities across the Automotive Group (trade, acquisition, project facilities), together with Group Legal and other relevant areas
- Project manage equity capital structuring across the Automotive Group
- Support the implementation of M&A transactions across the Automotive Group
Management of overall liquidity within Automotive Division:
- In conjunction with Automotive Shared Services and Automotive Group businesses, actively forecast, monitor and manage overall cash liquidity across the Automotive Group
- Recommend and establish optimum cash management strategies, including cash pooling arrangements
- Monitor utilisation and cost of short term facilities across the Automotive Group
Support the introduction of appropriate Treasury technology and automation
- In conjunction with Group Treasury and other relevant areas, support the introduction of technology, automation and process improvements across the Automotive Group
Individual businesses are fully accountable for business forecasts, however will require considerable support in preparing these for financing purposes.
Input supporting all investment, business strategy and capital structure recommendations needs to be actively sourced from business units and validated.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
Minimum Qualifications and Knowledge: postgraduate degree in finance, Chartered Accountant, Chartered Management Accountant, CFA or similar. Treasury coursework (ACT or similar) beneficial. Automotive sector experience preferred but not essential.
Minimum Experience: 10-12 years post qualification experience in a broad range of finance topics – particularly capital structuring, cash management, structured trade finance and cross-border transactions.
Job-Specific Skills: High level of numeracy and financial and commercial acumen. Excellent verbal and written communication skills. In addition, high level of competence in working with full MS Office suite and other data systems (MS Access, Bloomberg, etc). Competence in working with SAP or other ERP would be advantageous.
Behavioural Competencies :
- People Management Skills
- Maintain High Degree of Confidentiality
- Strong and effective communication and presentation skills
- Work Under Pressure
- Highly organised and attention to details
- Pro active and Flexible
- High numeracy
- 200 companies
- 100+ nationalities
- 42,000+ employees