Head of Technology - Fintech
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- McGregor Boyall
- 17 Feb 18 2018-02-17
Our client, a top tier GCC bank is seeking a Head of Technology for their digital/ mobile payment initiatives such as a soon to be launched digital wallet. The position will be responsible for all technology aspects of digital products and will work closely with the product teams to ensure delivery of high quality on a daily basis. The role will also be responsible for leading the products vision to ensure the banks digital product use cutting edge technology.
Reporting to the Chief Digital Officer, the role will be responsible for providing technical leadership to the bank for all agile product developement relating to the banks new age fintech products along with contributing to the product vision by informing the business of leading emerging technologies such as IoT, Big Data Analyics, Machine Learning etc.
Following are the key job accountabilities of the role:
- Work closely with the head of payments and head of Cross Business Unit to continue to develop and evolve the product(s) enabling business capability and objectives
- Lead multiple development teams while delivering best in class enterprise grade software solutions across a breadth of different platform and technologies
- Ensure the development teams follow the Agile development process by fully utilizing the tools and methodologies available
- Manage and mentor development teams through motivation, engagement and leading by example
- Advice the business on the implications of utilizing particular technologies including the advantages and disadvantages
The ideal candidate will have the following background:
- Minimum of 10+ years’ experience in software development lifecycle holding roles such as senior developer, technical lead, architect, etc.
- Minimum of 5+ years of technical leadership and software architecture, banking experience preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of product development using Agile SCRUM methodology
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent; Masters preferred