IN-HOUSE TAX ADVISOR
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Permanent, Full time
- GMS DMCC
- 09 Aug 18 2018-08-09
GMS is the world’s largest buyer of ships & offshore assets. With over 25 years of experience in the maritime industry and offices in more than eight countries, GMS continues to expand its global presence and establish itself as a highly respected market leader.
We are looking for an experienced and qualified Tax Advisor to join or team in Dubai.
- Prepare documents for business & personal tax returns in applicable jurisdictions.
- Recommend tax management strategies for various international jurisdictions and liaise with external accountants and lawyers when necessary.
- Advise on VAT and its implications for various entities worldwide.
- Perform year-end accrual review and prepare the tax provisions.
- Interpret new or revised tax laws and advise management on its impact on tax liabilities.
- Evaluate tax implications on mergers and acquisitions by analyzing tax information; calculating key ratios; identifying areas of tax savings.
- Analyze and review tax documents to ensure accuracy & recommend strategies accordingly.
SKILLS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Lawyer OR U.S.-certified CPA/ACA with at least four years’ experience (preferably as a tax advisor in a law firm)
- Recommended: Masters of Tax Law or a joint degree in law and accounting
- Ability to analyze and comprehend tax law in various jurisdictions worldwide
- Ability to understand international bank statements
- Excellent communication skills and ability to think independently