Junior Executive (Back Office)
- Based on Experience
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Oct 17 2017-10-18
The Junior Executive is responsible for assisting the appointed Middle Office in-charge and the SEO in all operational matters in back office aspects of the Company’s operations.
- Daily reconciliation of positions and trading P&L
- Liaise with Prime Brokers and other counterparts to ensure all trade discrepancies and settlement issues are resolved
- Monitor utilization of credit limits, FX exposure and hedging activities and funding requirements
- Assist in enhancing operational procedures and internal controls
- Ensure trade confirmations are provided for each trade conducted
- Shall be the point of contact for all back office related matters viz. trade confirmations, settlements, mismatch in trades, errors and omissions
- Write, maintain, amend and obtain Board approval for the back office SOPs process and procedures up to date at all times
· Providing strong support for the Front Office to monitor trades booking for trades which include: FX, Interest Rate Derivatives, Equities, Bonds and Commodity trades
· Ensure compliance with the regulatory requirements as communicated by the compliance dept. are captured in the trade confirmations at all times
· Identify, investigate and report any trade and settlement discrepancies to the respective depts. viz. trader, middle office, compliance, finance or senior management
· Working closely with Operations team for the smooth trade lifecycle management
· Driving key initiatives for automation and business requirements
· Provide administrative and clerical support, such as data input and document filing
· Compile and store confirmation and settlement instructions viz. emails, fax copies, letters and others for future reference
· Handle multiple tasks and client enquiries.
Trade Support Responsibilities:
· Control of executed trades.
· Reconciliation of executed orders with trade advices.
· Pre-matching of trade details with counterparties.
· Communication of executed and pre-matched trades to Custodians.
· Ensuring trading system accurately reflects portfolio positions as advised by Custodians
· Provision of performance reporting directly to middle office
· Cash Reconciliation for funds managed by the investment managers
· Monthly commission and retrocession reconciliations
· Derivatives reconciliation for funds managed by the investment managers
· Responsible for updating daily liquidity (sub/red cash flows) for funds managed, and providing daily FX coverage;
· Responsible for resolution of queries received from Custodian
· Inform Head of Desk of any operational issues impacting agreed deadlines
· Develop an understanding of all the technical functions and processes in the team
· Build relationships with internal teams and external parties to ensure issues are resolved in a timely manner
· Participate in cross training to get a solid grounding of team functions and to ensure team runs smoothly at all times (including holiday leave, study leave and sick leave).
· In the absence of middle office to assume responsibilities and cover for the middle office functions
Client Reporting Responsibilities:
· Co-ordination of information flow between relevant business areas to ensure reports allocated are completed accurately and in a timely manner.
· Assisting with quality control of client and regulatory reporting, including a significant amount of checking work.
· Ensuring that accurate reporting records and databases are maintained in accordance with the correct procedures.
· Maintain strong working relationships with the business teams as appropriate and responding to queries in a timely manner.
· Ensuring that that complaints, breaches and incidents are recorded and reported in a timely manner.