Non-Ferrous Metal Trader
Swisslinx Middle East is working with an International metals trading Company in Dubai who are looking to grow out their trading team further through the addition of a non-ferrous metals trader.
• Trade physical base / non-ferrous metals (aluminum, copper, nickel, zinc, tin, manganese, chrome etc.).
• Promote purchase activity and foster relationships with suppliers.
• Develop and maintain relationships with customers and trading partners.
• Actively promote new client relationships and identify new trading partnerships with metals businesses across the region.
• Ability to grow with the business
• Ability to manage risks by working closely with internal hedging, risk management and commodity analyst's teams on hedging your physical metal trading book
• Work closely with other departments (logistics, operations etc.) to ensure a smooth supply chain and high customer service
• Develop and manage relationships with producers and customers in order to identify new opportunities and enhance the company s growing presence globally
• Trade back to back metals (copper, nickel, zinc, tin, manganese, chrome, aluminum etc.) and manage own proven personal PnL track record
• Minimum of 5 years' experience in physical non-ferrous / base metal trading
• Good network of suppliers, smelters and distributors.
• Prior experience in a multinational trading firm would be a benefit.
• Experience in an independent metal trading business is key.
• Fluent in English (additional languages beneficial).
• Strong fundamental understanding of the of base metal trading operations and international trading practice.
• Prepare and analyze relevant market information to ensure the company remains competitive.
• Ability to set up reporting by utilizing and executing on fundamental market analysis as well as macro indicators
• Daily preparation of trading records, P&L and risk reporting for trading, finance, operations and senior management.
• Daily negotiation with customers and suppliers.
• Good communicating and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to travel/meet with clients to build new trading relationships
By applying for this position, I consent to the Swisslinx Group of companies:
- storing my personal information (including name, contact details, Identification and CV information etc.) on their internal or external servers for the purpose of informing me of potential employment opportunities
- using my personal information or
- supplying it to third parties upon express consent for the purpose of informing me of potential job opportunities
- transferring where applicable my personal information to a country outside the EEA/EFTA