Product Manager - Equities, Wealth Management
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Asset class ownership for cash equities and its platforms in country. Responsibilities include country (wealth and private bank across) product strategy, product P&L, service delivery, projects delivery, governance, investment budget, product enhancements, processes & platforms.
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
* P&L management of respective product line
* Drive new business and strategic initiatives for the product line
* Drive product/investment metrics or KPI
* Portfolio Management of Product line
* Owns and is responsible for Country Addendum (CA's) for the product - no product is to be in place without a CA.
* Ensure compliance to internal and external governance standards and regulatory requirements where applicable.
Risk Management & Processes
* Responsible for overseeing end to end product process through the product life cycle. This includes soliciting for inputs, working with various teams, providing direction, stakeholder socialisation and finally providing business decision (where required) on the final outcome/decision on the process.
* Responsible for writing, presenting and obtaining relevant local/global PGC/ PAG and PRC approvals for process/product changes for the purpose of risk assessment and management
* Responsible for client documentation, product related suitability processes and working with various teams on handling client queries/complaints
Investment and Cost Management
* Responsible for equities budget, identify opportunities, prioritization within country and spends
* Manage cost and benefits across strategic initiatives
Product and Platform Delivery
* Accountable for delivery of all product enhancements, project deliveries in terms of championing as business lead
* Responsible as the Business owner in all related product platform enhancements or changes.
* Responsible as the Business owner in core system enhancements (multiple interfaces with related product platforms).
* Responsibilities include being part of the project team, providing business requirements, and sign-off on functional specfications and final business acceptance.
* Drive and ensure product quality assurance
* Support client education initiatives eg seminars, digital marekting, research tools
* Support simplicity in all client facing product materials, eg KYIR, Investor Insights, etc
* Conceptualize and create innovative ways to improve product penetration
* Drive SP related campaigns as appropriate/relevant to needs of clients
* Reduce (controllable) complaints related to products
* Manage maintenance of adequate product information and ensure its accessibility by channels
* Provide product training and ensure that frontline staff are adequately trained of product features through training sessions, rallies, seminars, etc
* Manage and provide on-going information on data, analytics, the competitive landscape to support the frontline
* Work with senior management in the bank to drive changes and WM equities long term strategy.
Regular stakeholder management at very senior level, communication and obtaining consensus.
* Oversee and manage the total investment budget to deliver product and projects which are aligned towards customer experience, revenue growth and compliance in equities space.
* Work with senior management to drive revenue growth through a business solution and work across segment/countries on growing the business in the region as well as outside the region
* Drive and lead regulatory changes. Participate in Audits, manage regulatory incidents and communications on product and drive the process, product and system changes to reduce regulatory breaches.
Overall Wealth Management
* Contribute to overall Wealth Management P&L objectives through delivery of above product line P&L
* Contribute to overall Wealth Management P&L through driving or participating in Wealth Management key business and strategic Initiatives as necessary or assigned
Qualifications & Skills
* Degree or equivalent education preferred.
* Experience in a product role, Equities highly beneficial.
* Strong aptitude for Sales, lead management and deal closure.
* Strong analytical, problem solving and decision-making skills.
* Strong communication skills, negotiations skills, sensitivity to local cultural issues and interpersonal skills.