Regional Financial Controller
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Robert Half International UAE
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
My client a global multinational business is looking to recruit a Regional Financial Controller for their Dubai operation
The Financial Controller will partner the business streams in ensuring that sales and profitability are optimized and effectively managed. You will provide strong commercial & financial advice on margins, opex and capex management and other operational issues as well as ensuring that the Group and senior management team are appropriately communicated with on actual & forecast performance. Reporting directly to the Group CFO and work with the General Manager of the region on all strategic matters as they relate to all financial and commercial activities
Principal Duties & Responsibilities:
• Contribute to the formulation of Company strategy by developing medium to long-term operational forecasts and leading the Company’s annual strategic planning & budgeting process
• Preparation and management of Monthly financial reporting & forecasting for the operational aspects of the business and provide clear explanations for identified variances between budget and forecast, including management of operations risks & opportunities
• Assist in ensuring P/L targets are being achieved or exceeded within the regions.
• Anticipate negative or positive impacts on business targets and proactively suggest solutions, prepares action plan and implement them in coordination with General Manager
• Work with General Manager in developing Sales and Marketing strategies to develop the business in a profitable manner.
• Review and approve pricing, promotions, and Customer contracts.
• Review and approve sales forecasts and demand planning
• Supervises all accounting and Financial functions. Lead and oversee the establishment & running of financial/accounting systems, inclusive of procedures and practices in line with local and international requirements
• Develop objective-based system & process enhancements to enable more effective day-to-day management of business profitability. Develop reports and management tools to support Sale and Marketing in their daily activities
• Ensure that the profits of the organization are protected through the establishment of effective budgetary controls and expenditure procedures.
• Monitor & control the banking activities, Opex and Capex of the organization. Supervises preparation and reporting of Cash Flows
• Responsible for the management and development of company IT requirement.
• Ensure suitable computerized and non- computerized systems, processes and protocols are in place in relation to all facets of the company’s financial management.
• Responsible for Processes and policies across the company. Develop and maintain systems of internal controls to safeguard assets
• Responsible for HR, Legal, and Administration activities of the company
CA/CPA/ MBA in finance with minimum 10 years of post-qualification financial, commercial & market experience in building materials or industrial sector. Experience in dealing with corporate/global financial planning/strategy/management including cost and budgetary control, working capital in a reputed Multinational organization.
• In depth understanding and experience in commercial finance and accounting systems and Supply Chain Operations.
• Strong experience as Commercial controller in businesses with inventory and brands
• Experience in Sage X3 and Hyperion reporting preferred.
• Knowledge of best accounting practices and standards with particular reference to construction and building materials.
• Highly developed analytical and financial skills to help sustain and grow the business
• Strong leadership and management skills including the ability to coach/motivate others
• Open honest communications with excellent written & oral skills
• Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work effectively with wide range of constituents in a in a multi-cultural and multi-ethnic environment.
• Experience in logistics and operations an added advantage.
30,000 – 40,000aed per month DOE