Regional Manager , Health and safety , AME
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
- 18 Feb 18 2018-02-18
Job Summary Accountable for assurance of the delivery and implementation of global strategies, policies and procedures for H&S within the Region.
Accountable for assurance of the delivery and implementation of global strategies, policies and procedures for H&S within the Region. Ensure the effective application of the risk management framework to evidence that existing H&S governance and risk control processes are effectively implemented and are being adhered to across the Region.Roles & Responsibilities
As a senior H&S specialist in the Group, responsible and accountable for:
· Subject matter expertise provide expertise and specialist support on all aspects of H&S management, including physical and mental wellbeing
· Safety management. Coordination of all activities associated with H&S management.
· Assure Group policies, strategies, standards and guidelines for H&S management are being implemented within the Region. Monitoring the effectiveness of policy, standards and processes, and take necessary action when required, including providing feedback to Head of H&S
· Country H&S Action plans - Review and approve country H&S action plan in line with policies, strategies, standards, guidelines and H&S risk profile of the country
· Safety Strategy. Lead the implement the safety strategy for the Group within the region
· Regulatory compliance. Ensuring that the Bank meets and evidences compliance with all local H&S regulatory requirements. Assist country H&S managers and businesses with guidance on implementing policies, strategies, standards and guidelines to ensure compliance. Act as liaison for the Bank with H&S regulators.
· Contingency Planning / Business Continuity. Participate in Regional Crisis Management Teams, and assist with the testing of Country and Regional level contingency and crisis management plans to ensure timely and effective response in an emergency or crisis.
· Crisis Management. Advise Senior Management on H&S during emergencies and participate on the Regional Crisis Management Team. Actively participate in the management of any emergencies that affect countries within the Region
· Supply Partner Management. Proactively manage all H&S related supply partners and vendors.
· Budgets and Project Management. Manage budgets efficiently and ensure projects are delivered on time and within budget to agreed standards. Actively identify opportunities for cost savings through simplification or cross party collaboration.
· Risk Management. Act as the point of contact for the Bank on all matters relating to H&S risk within the Region. Review and approve mitigation action plans for H&S risks (medium and above). Work with operations risk manager for assurance around risk management. Work with country Property and business functions to find practical and cost-effective solutions for risk management
· Audit and Compliance Carry out other second line assurance activities such as H&S audits, inspections, H&S Reviews etc.
· Property Due Diligence - Review and approve due diligence of new premises, layouts, fit-outs and other key H&S related details of new projects. Provide support to country H&S staff in this regard.
· Investigations and safety reports - Review and approve safety investigations and corrective actions. Provide support to country H&S staff in this regard
· Safety culture - Monitor safety culture and provide support to improve safety culture in country and region
· Provide technical assistance to areas that do not have specialist H&S management resources and need additional assistance.
· Mentor, coach and motivate country H&S managers. Providing necessary support, advice and training.
Providing second line assurance for health & safety:
· Provide assurance that all material risks are identified, assessed, mitigated, monitored and reported in accordance with the operational risk framework
· Provide assurance that applicable external laws and regulations and internal policies, procedures and other risk control requirements are identified and implemented
· Propose controls to ensure that risks are controlled within acceptable levelsSet the right tone for the risk management culture of the team
Education and Skills
· Must be able to act as the subject matter expert and centre of excellence in the region.
· Expert knowledge of H&S acquired through education, training and experience
· Holds a related degree / diploma or other professional safety qualifications or certification
· A strong analytical mind, good English language skills and an ability to write concise reports and executive summaries.
· Membership of recognised professional H&S body is desirable
· Recognition and understanding of cultural, organisational, and systematic changes in businesses and tailoring delivery of H&S products to meet them.
· The ability to manage H&S across functional and geographical boundaries especially under the complexity of a matrix organisation.
Making decisions and giving professional advice where the evidence available to form a judgement is inadequate or incomplete; and there is a need to draw constantly upon experience and knowledge.
· At least seven years of experience in the related field
· Experience in developing and implementing H&S management system, carrying out H&S activities and managing a diverse team in a multi-cultural work environment
Previous experience in a regional H&S management position or in a multinational organisation is desirable