A global manufacturing company based in Dubai is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant.
Responsibility for and ownership of the business' general ledger, transaction cycles and financial internal controls. Essential to have an understanding and be able to communicate the substance of transactions and balances. Maintaining the accuracy and "cleanliness" of all balance sheet accounts. Business should be ready for a financial audit at any month-end. You will Bring "best-in-class" practices to the business' financial transactions and reporting cycles. Challenge existing processes and recommend changes. Take ownership and be proactive. Be able to work under pressure.
- Accounts Receivable: Ensuring that the A/R ledger is accurate and "clean". Includes ensuring all cash receipts are correctly applied and interacting with customers where necessary. Regular SoA reconciliations with customers.
- Journal entries: Month-end journal entries including Prepaids amortization, payroll, miscellaneous accruals.
- Payroll: Maintaining Payroll "standing data" and ensuring that all items are supported with adequate documentation (e.g. employment contracts, increment letters, etc.) and that all changes are in-line with the business' Delegation of Authority. Preparing monthly payroll, obtaining authorization and making payment. Obtain and understanding of and reconciling payroll benefits and balance sheet accounts such as bonus, leave, EOSB.
- Financial Reporting: Month-end close processes, including journal entries such as miscellaneous accruals, prepaid amortization and payroll.
- Bank: Monthly bank reconciliations. Payment and payroll processing.
- Accounts Payable: Ensuring that the A/P ledger is accurate and clean. Ensuring that all payments are correctly applied and interacting with vendors where necessary. Regular SoA reconciliations with
- Balance sheet reconciliations: Ensuring that all balance sheet accounts are supported by robust, accurate, and clear reconciliations on a monthly basis.
- Payments / expenses: Challenge and ensure that all payment and transactions are supported in-line with the business' DoA.
- Key interactions: Shared Service Centre. Providing support to the business' FP&A and Forecasting resource.
- Filing: Establishing and maintaining a robust Finance filing structure (e.g. vendor invoices, journal entries, payroll)
- ERP: Work with ERP and Hyperion
- Auditor: Manage year-end audit.
- Financial reporting: Responsible for month-end financial reporting and involvement in other financial reporting and forecasting where necessary (e.g. tax filings, miscellaneous corporate reporting, etc.).
- Qualified Accountant
- Previous responsibility in a "best in class" organization as a general / senior accountant.
- Thorough knowledge of and experience in fundamental accounting procedures and transaction cycles.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Ideally holding a professional accounting qualification
- Strong Excel knowledge
- Strong oral and written communication skills
The Company A global manufacturing company based in Dubai is looking to recruit a Senior Accountant.
Salary & Benefits
18,000 - 20,000aed per month DOE