Senior Manager/Director, Technology - Forensics & Integrity Services, UAE
Whether facing acts of fraud, government investigations, regulatory enquiries, major litigation or transactional disputes, clients turn to Forensic & Integrity Services for assistance. This practice provides proactive and reactive services to address organizations' risks related to fraud, bribery and corruption.
The team includes forensic accountants and technologists, certified fraud examiners, anti-corruption professionals and money laundering and sanctions investigators. They work with our clients' legal counsel (internal or external), compliance and internal audit departments to investigate complex issues and address operational challenges. The business focuses on G360 clients in highly regulated industry sectors, including Financial Services, Life Sciences, Oil & Gas, Telecommunications and Construction & Infrastructure. The opportunity
As a Forensic & Integrity Services Senior Manager/Director, you'll build valued relationships with external clients and internal peers and develop a portfolio of projects by focusing on high value opportunities. You'll lead a team formed by analysts and managers, present and propose for complex projects, and provide subject matter insight to bids and proposals. Drawing on your skills and experience, you'll create an innovative commercial insight for clients, adapt methods and practices to fit operational team and cultural needs, and contribute to thought leadership. Your key responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in the Forensics team, you are required to lead and grow a team and to provide strategic sourcing services related to regulatory compliance, Financial Crime Compliance (FCC), corporate governance, fraud risk assessments, enterprise risk management, internal controls to our clients. You would also need to understand the technical aspects of the FCC system relevant to CDD, AML monitoring and payment screening. You are also required to use data analytics tools and techniques to improve transaction monitoring and sanction screening defences for the financial services sector. Conduct transaction system optimization by using advanced analytical algorithms to identify trends. Manage and conduct KYC remediation and assessments by using advanced analytics and OCR technology.
You'll package overall project findings into clear, concise, high-quality work products and act as a subject matter resource, leveraging knowledge and experience to shape services to client problems. Driving improvements in business processes, you'll serve as a role model for Quality & Risk Management and make sure that project teams understand and comply with our Q&RM guidelines.
As a respected senior professional you'll communicate effectively with EY engagement partners and staff to build, manage and motivate high-performing teams, and help key staff to build sustainable competencies. To qualify for the role you must have
Ideally you'll also have
- 10+ years relevant Financial Crime Compliance (AML/ CFT, Sanctions, Anti-Bribery & Corruption and Fraud) risk management, compliance experience in banking and/or in a big public accounting firm
- At least 5 years' experience in delivery of FCC-related technology projects, such as payments screening, transaction monitoring, &/or customer risk rating systems preferably at a large/ complex financial institution.
- Degree in information technology or related fields with good quantitative skills.
- Strong hands on skills in scripting languages such as SQL, R, Python, VBA and sound knowledge at least in one of the programming languages such as C#, Java or PHP
- Robust database modelling, data visualization and statistical algorithm
- Advanced expertise on at least one screening and transaction monitoring systems (Firco, Oracle, NICE, Safewatch)
- Strong understanding of expectations of regulators and international organisations such as FATF
- Knowledge and experience of working in MENA region is a plus
- Knowledge of the global risk and regulatory environment, especially developments in the FCC space
- Industry related certification (e.g., CAMS or ICA diploma in AML)
What we look for
- Post-graduate qualifications in AML/CFT or professional/technical qualifications in risk management
- Experience with the design, development and implementation of internal controls for financial services business processes, especially in FCC framework and strategy preferred
We are interested in entrepreneurs who have the confidence to develop and promote a brand new strategic vision both internally and externally. You will be business savvy with a passion for innovation as well as the motivation to create your own EY journey. What working at EY offers
- Support and coaching from some of the most engaging colleagues around
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that's right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, strategy, transaction and consulting services, we're using the finance products, expertise and systems we've developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better. If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible. Build your legacy with us. Apply now.