Senior Manager – Carve-out/Merger Integration Advisory - Financial Services focus
- Not Specified
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 18 Nov 17 2017-11-18
Are you building your tomorrow, today? Then think about a career with our Operational Transaction Services (OTS) team. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring. The opportunity
Are you building your tomorrow, today? Then think about a career with our Operational Transaction Services (OTS) team. We have a market-leading proposition to create and maximize value for our clients, whether they are acquiring or divesting assets, or undertaking operational restructuring.
We’re looking for Senior Managers to join our Financial Services (FS) team due to exciting new business and growth in our OTS Team currently. You'd be part of the only dedicated Financial Services team in this sector. We’re focused on our FS clients’ key strategic activities, advising and influencing at senior leadership level. Our team assists clients identify, capture and protect value in their transactions. We work on the most complex and high profile global transactions, across a broad portfolio of clients and industry sectors. As a team, we prepare and execute separation and integration plans, identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation and the successful change of operations, functions and people. We cover a wide range of operational aspects of a transaction, including advice on merger integrations, carve-outs, joint venture establishments, operational re-structuring, operational & technology diligence, and synergy assessments.
Your key Responsibilities
As a Senior Manager in OTS you will be a vital member of the team leading and executing Financial Services focused projects. You will execute and manage projects across all FS segments, directing our client service team in developing and executing strategies for transactions. You will work with the Leadership team to spearhead marketing efforts and build strong relationships with high profile clients and lead key client decision makers in developing and executing their transaction strategy to secure deal value. You will also be focusing on practice development as well as developing team members to achieve their career goals.
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management - lead project teams comprising of colleagues from across the TAS sub service lines
- Consulting skills – demonstrate the skills and experience required to operate in a client-facing role within a professional services firm
- Financial analysis: apply sound financial analysis and a rigorous approach to quantify the impact of operational issues
- Business and Commercially Driven - work in a fast-paced, exciting environment with strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - drive client pursuits, including presentations and client meetings. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- People development - coach and mentor team members to support achievement of their career goals
- Building Relationships - Strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- A bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Finance, Engineering, or Information Technology and 8 years of related work experience
- MBA is preferred
- Significant M&A management consulting experience and/or significant Financial Services expertise, i.e. a good level of experience in one or more of the following industry segments: banking, capital markets, insurance, wealth and asset management
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to translate complex data into meaningful insights
- Experience in business optimizations, integrations, divestitures, and/or carve-outs with a demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- Experience leading and managing in complex business environments
- Good understanding of key principles of project and programme management and experience in leading change
- Excellent negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
- Must be willing and able to travel up to 80% on short notice
What we look for
As a team we are looking for passionate consultants who thrive on working in high-performing teams and focus on delivering exceptional service for our clients, with a focus on Banking, Insurance, Wealth & Asset Management and Private Equity
What working at EY offers
- We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business
- Opportunities to develop new skills and progress your career within a dedicated financial due diligence practice in a Big 4 firm
- A clear unified strategic focus across the team, with emphasis on taking an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Support, coaching and feedback from some of the most recognized and engaging colleagues in the industry
- The freedom and flexibility to handle your role in a way that’s right for you
As a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services, we’re using the finance products, expertise and systems we’ve developed to build a better working world. That starts with a culture that believes in giving you the training, opportunities and creative freedom to make things better.
Whenever you join, however long you stay, the exceptional EY experience lasts a lifetime. And with a commitment to hiring and developing the most passionate people, we’ll make our ambition to be the best employer by 2020 a reality.
If you can confidently demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
Join us in building a better working world. Apply now.
Permanent Role, Full Time (Dubai)