Specialist KYC Reporting
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Permanent, Full time
- Westbourne Partners
- 16 Jul 18 2018-07-16
The incumbent will be responsible to manage the KYC framework and ensure that there are adequate processes and controls in place at Group level to effectively manage the KYC platform on an on-going basis, track and reflect the changes as issued by the relevant and applicable AML/CFT bodies including QCB instructions, Financial Action Task Force (FATF) and Wolfsberg Group, to prevent the Group from being exposed to the risk of legal/ regulatory sanctions and the associated financial/ reputation loss that the Group may incur/ suffer as a result of failure to comply with the relevant AML/ CFT regulations
- Assist the Financial Crime Compliance and Governance Team to satisfy the Global AML/CTF and KYC requirements of the Group by monitoring and conducting KYC reviews as per the Risk Based Approach in place for new and existing customers on timely basis to avoid any KYC failures that could lead to fines/ penal actions and the consequent loss of reputation.
- Assist to Implement the framework for identifying the compliance weaknesses and deficiencies in terms of KYC at Group level as a result of the monitoring and testing initiatives, therefore preventing the Group from incurring financial losses and damage to its reputation.
- Ensure that QNB KYC data requirements are in line with the regulators instructions, FATF recommendations and the international best practices.
- Maintain and update KYC profiling of customers in line with the Global Standards and applicable local regulations
- Act as a custodian of all the customers KYC data and the KYC platform
- Liaise with the following on continuous basis to resolve their queries/ respond to issues raised by them relating to the Group’s AML/ CTF & KYC efforts:
- Qatar Central Bank officials.
- Qatar Financial Market Authority Officials
- Qatar Financial Center Authorities
- Officials from other government bodies in Qatar like ministries and QE.
- National Anti Money Laundering Committee (NAMLC) and the Financial Information Unit (FIU) in Qatar.
- External Auditor
- Regulator of Overseas Branches and Subsidiaries as and when required.
- Business Stakeholders
- Initiate the follow up exercise with different business units for the completeness and update of the KYC data
- Handle the correspondent banks enquiries and requests related to the KYC and AML questionnaires
- Manage the vostro accounts due diligence and KYC process with different business and operations units.
- Coordinate with Group Risk in terms of customers categorization matrix to identify the Sector, group, individual exposures entity
- Act as KYC data supplier for all AML, Sanctions and Fraud Control units to facilitate their day to day operations and investigations.
- Maintaining the effectiveness of the Global KYC platform across the Group
- Bachelor degree with professional qualifications such as CCO/ CIA/ CPA.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in a major banking institution or regulatory agency out of which 5 years should be in a supervisory role relating to Compliance or Internal Audit.
- A strong understanding of the requirements of the Money Laundering Regulations and the Joint Money Laundering Steering Group Guidance
- Experience of managing external relationships, with the confidence to approach people at all levels
- People Management Skills