Transaction Tax Senior Consultant
- Not Specified
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Permanent, Full time
- 22 Nov 17 2017-11-22
As a Transaction Tax Senior, you'll join an integrated global network of talented advisors working in a dynamic, fast-moving and commercially-driven environment. In your role, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and identify and escalate opportunities for Ernst & Young on
As a Transaction Tax Senior, you'll join an integrated global network of talented advisors working in a dynamic, fast-moving and commercially-driven environment. In your role, you'll actively establish, maintain and strengthen internal and external relationships and identify and escalate opportunities for Ernst & Young on existing engagements. You'll make a technical contribution to projects and deliver work of a high standard that complies with our Quality & Risk Management guidelines. As part of an engagement team, you'll help clients understand and address the tax implications of the transactions that are strategically important to them - acquisitions, disposals, refinancing, restructurings or initial public offerings. You'll also be actively involved in the development of ideas to help clients mitigate transaction risk, enhance opportunity and negotiate effectively.
- Participate in Transaction Tax engagements
- Work effectively as a member of a worldwide network of professional advisors, sharing responsibility, providing support, maintaining communication and updating senior team members on progress
- Collaborate with a team of Transaction Tax professionals to combine diverse cross-border transaction experience with local tax knowledge across a broad spectrum of industries
- Participate and assist in preparing for meetings essential to the transaction process, e.g., meetings with the management teams of the buyer, seller or target or with their other advisors and providers of finance
- Assist in preparing reports and schedules that will be delivered to clients and other parties
- Develop and maintain productive working relationships with client personnel
- Build strong internal relationships within the Transaction Tax practice and across other service lines.
- Contribute to performance feedback for staff
- Contribute to people initiatives, including recruiting and retaining Transaction Tax professionals
- Maintain an educational program to develop your technical and personal skill
- Understand and follow workplace policies and procedures
Technical skills requirements
- A bachelor's degree with strong academic credentials - accounting, business, finance or a related field desirable but not essential. MBA, Masters of Tax, JD and LLM a plus.
- Two to four years' post-qualification experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Well-developed analytical and research skills and an ability to draw conclusions from often equivocal or conflicting data
- The ability to manage a project efficiently
- Proficiency in Arabic skill is highly desirable
Who we are
Every transaction has tax implications, whether it's an acquisition, disposal, refinancing, restructuring or initial public offering. As one of Ernst & Young's transaction tax professionals, you'll help clients understand these implications mitigating transaction risk, enhancing opportunity and providing crucial negotiation insights. You'll join an integrated global network of talented advisors working in a dynamic, fast-moving and forward-looking environment. We'll help you develop the skills you need to be a successful advisor, and you'll gain valuable experience across industries and geographies. With leading professional development opportunities and access to many of the leading minds in your chosen field, we'll help you achieve your potential.