VP & Sr. Audit Manager, Market & Ops Risk
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates Dubai Dubai AE
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 17 Apr 18 2018-04-17
In the role of a Team Leader responsible for planning and executing audits covering the activities and processes of Enterprise Risk Management activities across the FAB Group. Thorough understanding of business/ relationship aspects, product dynamics, Market and Operational risk management and ICAAP processes and the regulatory environment, both in UAE and other relevant jurisdictions where FAB operates, provide assurance to Management by identifying weaknesses; reporting and escalating significant Audit findings in a timely manner; and agreeing action plans to address the issues raised.
Act as the day to day contact with Management in ERM space influencing change through providing advice. The role holder is expected to play a significant role in identifying and advising the management the overall risk level/direction of the Group, ensuring that laid down procedures are followed, assuring the management that internal controls, accounting systems and enterprise risk management framework are effective in design and operation. Provide input to GIA on issues that have impact on the FAB Group as a whole. Conduct special investigations, reviews, additional tasks as and when required.
- Safeguarding against potential loss and contributing to the Units/Departments systems and procedures, by reporting whether Operational controls of FAB standards are effectively carried out and are efficient in the units/departments audited
- Reviewing the ERM function of the bank end to end and identifying areas of correction / improvement
- Review ICAAP submissions of the Group (including international locations) to respective regulatory authorities and provide assurance over Group’s compliance both with respective regulations and Group/local policy requirements.
- Examine and comment on the process for the early recognition of problems (if any) and their remedial management to minimise the loss.
- Preparation / Review of Audit MIS/ dash Boards including audit committee presentation slides relating to audit conducted in the ERM space.
- Maintain up to date knowledge and understanding of key product, processes and regulatory developments,; drive necessary changes in Audit plan/working programs;
- Contributing towards the enhancement of relationship between GIA and stakeholders
- Keeping abreast of the local and international economic trends, banking practices and regulatory prescriptions
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- FRM, CFA, CIA and similar Certifications
- Minimum 10 years’ relevant experience with an International Bank or Big 4. Internal Audit experience preferred (but not mandatory). At least 5 years in similar responsibilities in risk management or Audit function.
- Expert knowledge of market and operational risk management activities and ICAAP processes and associated risks.
- Strong leadership capability and team-oriented with highly developed problem-solving skills.
- Self-directed, able to manage multiple tasks and ability to work under pressure.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.