Assistant Manager - Trade Operations
This role is responsible for the implementation of, and adherence to Group policies, procedures, service standards:
• To act as maker in GLS transactions when required
• To implement appropriate internal controls and procedures
• To adhere to policies including escalation and compliance requirements
• To review & monitor workflow for efficiencies in time, costs and service levels
• To plan and implement operations and service improvement initiatives based on metrics, complaints and client insights
• Other tasks assigned by Head of Trade Operations.
• To align the functioning of the teams to the Bank strategy with a high degree of Client Focus to promote front line business / revenue
• To build morale and motivate subordinate officers and staff members to build up optimum team spirit and productivity
• To respond promptly and with a helpful attitude to Biz/customer inquiries or requests related to GLS products
• To approve GLS/Trade transactions accurately and timely when required.
• To ensure all GLS advices to be sent to customers as per requirement.
• To ensure the control over the original GLS documents to comply with Group policy / local regulations
• To check and verify supporting documents for all transactions if required.
• To monitor daily reports to ensure that all pending transactions have clear reasons, later fee to be collected on time, past due items are timely escalated to related parties for clearance.
• To ensure all pending items in Sundry account related to GLS have clear reason and life span
• To investigate and clear pending items or discrepancies in Nostro/Sundry/Suspense account as advised by Reconciliation Unit related to GLS on timely basis.
• To ensure no backlog transaction.
• To continuously challenge and improve current process to reduce TAT and increase productivity of the team.
• To raise problem ticket for all system issues related to the team functions and follow up for resolution.
• To improve internal and external relationship by providing quality and timely services.
• To escalate to Unit Head any exception/unusual in daily operations.
• To provide GLS reports to concern parties when required.
• To timely provide samples to RP when required.
• To assist Unit Head in implement new projects if required.
• To perform any assignment as required from time to time.
• To ensure and be responsible for the documents that are received, processed/ returned back to customers are handled safely and stored in the Record room (fire proof) at the end of day and archived on regular basis as and when the transaction is completed
• To act in complete compliance with the Bank's Data confidentiality policy at all times which also governs sending of data to external parties over email.
• To carry out research and investigation activities related to GLS related transactions according to the defined service standards. To track time for resolution, develop and maintain MIS on service standards
• To review, manage turnaround time of transactions against service standards. To track time to resolution, develop & maintain MIS on service standards.
• To review, manage turnaround time of transactions against the SLA and communicate to parties concerned in GBS and RM teams etc to ensure that the service to ensure that the service level meet the target standard
• To establish operation processes and procedures to ensure the quality of client service operations, establish measurements, KPIs and management reporting
People and Talent
• Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development, and ensure of being suitably skilled and qualified for the role
• To complete all mandatory learning courses assigned.
• To comply with Group Sanctions policy and procedure
• To comply with the Group Money laundering prevention policy and procedures to the extent applicable and reporting all suspicious transactions to the line manager
• To ensure that all control reconciliation activities are conducted in a timely and accurate manner.
• To comply with applicable Money Laundering Prevention Procedures and report any suspicious activity to the Unit Money Laundering Prevention Officer and Line Manager
Regulatory & Business Conduct
• To display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• To take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• To identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• To effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
• Governing Authority is State Bank of Vietnam].
• To embed the Group's values and code of conduct, to ensure adherence with the highest standards of ethics, and compliance with relevant policies, processes and regulations among employees
• To understand and ensure compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations and guidelines including those governing securities activities, company law, anti-money laundering, terrorist financing and sanctions; the Group's policies and procedures; and the Group Code of Conduct. Take personal responsibility for understanding the risk and compliance requirements of the role. Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk and compliance matters.
• To ensure all within direct reporting hierarchy are compliant with all laws, regulations, guidelines, Group policies and procedures and the Group Code of Conduct
Service Delivery and Efficiency
• To be responsible for client satisfaction with service arrangements and delivery
• To monitor the performance of Hub processing centre in accordance with the agreed service standards on a regular basis
• To provide support and recommendations to Hub processing centre to ensure timely resolution in case handling
• To work with internal stakeholders for service requirements, enquiries, and instructions
• To review/monitor continuously workflow and strive for efficiencies in time, costs and service levels
• Corporate and Institutional Banking
• Commercial Banking
• Business Banking
• To function as Archival representative and Authorizer in the department and perform the duties for archiving and retrieval of documents as per extant instructions circulated from time to time. Liaise with the external vendor to ensure Archival and retrieval are carried out as stated in the policy document without exception. Maintain MIS with regard to documents archived with due acknowledgement from the vendor for each of the files.
• To be responsible for the health and safety aspects within your area of control.
• To raise any Health and safety issues and these issues are addressed appropriately.
• To ensure that the contractors working in own area or working for the team work in a safe & healthy manner.
• To take reasonable care for the health and safety of co-workers and those who may be affected by own actions or omissions;
• To co-operate with Management to support and promote Health and safety in the workplace;
• To ensure that own actions do not put others at risk
• To work in a healthy and safe manner and encourage others to work in a healthy and safe manner;
• Report all accidents* and incidents**; and Bring to the attention of the management any hazard in the workplace
• 7+ years of experience in lending operations with exposure across different products
• Any professional certification such as CDCS is preferable
• Experience in project management and Practitioner on Lean or Sig Sigma principles with hand-on experience is preferable
• Team management experience
• Prior knowledge on SCB systems will be an added advantage