Manager, Country Technology Management
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
As a business partner, the Manager, Country Technology Management (CTM) is responsible for managing and delivering the Bank's Technology services supporting the business activities across the Business segments. The responsibility of the Manager, CTM also includes ensuring full compliance with all Country and Group policies (consistent in execution), statutory regulations, local banking laws, anti-money laundering regulations and industry practices.
The Manager, CTM takes ownership of country/regional business engagement and communication to influence and drive future technology agenda for country/region in alignment with Group Technology strategy orchestrating seamless support from all technology players to ensure delivery of the best technology solutions in time, within budget, with least risks and highest service continuity.
- Ensuring that all technology service needs are addressed, regardless of type, to comply with any prevailing SLAs and/or reasonable expectations of country/region's businesses.
- Reviewing progress of Group Technology service improvement initiatives for the country/region, escalating and contributing ideas as appropriate;
- Ensure adequate capacity plan is in place to meet business growth and transformative projects
- Provide steer in major Business driven projects to ensure minimum manual hand-off processes with good Technology service metrics (Delivery timeline, Business Benefits metrics etc)
- Work with relevant stakeholders to enhance client experience vide changes and introduction of new technologies and innovation to enhance revenue potential
- Facilitate/coordinate business-facing forums (where required) and involve the relevant Group Technology personnel. Ensure suitable executive forum representation of Country Management Team, Country Operations Risk Committee (CRC), major initiative country implementation and project steering committees.
- Ensure that the Group Technology change management process caters for all country change needs, and that any complementary in-country/regional approval processes are confirmed with Group Technology.
- For incidents having significant business impact, support the problem/incident management process which is owned by Group Technology. This will mainly involve the communication/escalation to business management of service impact, recovery process, root cause, and mitigating actions, and communication back to Group Technology of business concerns.
- Implement policies and procedures for the country with guidance from Group policies and procedures
- Ensure operational disciplines such as capacity and risk management are well embedded, measured and tracked
- Drive continuous improvements in Productivity and Cost Efficiencies
- Be accountable for all Technology services supported by internal and external service providers
- Ensure appropriate governance of End User Computing Applications used by T&I
- Ensure high security and protection of the Bank's, Client information & assets
- Streamline and digitize end-to-end processes to reduce manual hand-off, reduce risk and improve client/customer service collaborating with relevant stakeholders
- Measure and improve business satisfaction with overall Group Technology service on a regular basis. Feedback to be channelled into Group Technology management for improvement planning. Also ensuring Country/Regional business awareness of Group Technology plans accordingly.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Risk Management and Governance management: to be follow company guidelines and standards.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in the ASA T&I team
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures.
- Responsible for building a culture of good conduct
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong technical skills.
- Service Management skills and techniques.
- Strong applications skills.
- Strong knowledge of market information systems and services.
- Knowledge of Banking Products.
- Strong understanding of telecommunications.
- Strong will to achieve business objectives.
- Project Management skills.
- Flexible, innovative and motivated.
- Negotiation and vendor management skills.
- Good understanding of Business Requirements, Group Principles and Policies, and statements of Best Practice
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages .