Your profile should include a strong opening which differentiates you from other candidates, such as:
An exceptional Finance Director with an impressive track record of delivering outstanding results across complex multinational businesses. Expertise ranges start-up ventures, advising on potential acquisitions, and disposals. Consistently driven business results through highly effective financial and commercial strategies to support aggressive growth objectives in challenging and highly competitive international markets. Strong leader having successfully influenced executive stakeholder change coupled with extensive direct team management and development capabilities.
Consider four or five major career achievements that demonstrate key successes or contributions from your career. Ensure quantify output or result achieved. Examples:
· Integral role in acquisition target identification, including leadership of strategic reviews, due diligence and later successful acquisition and integration of a $00,000m t/o R&D business; led extensive change management programme ensuring alignment of newly formed Group with 20% new business growth achieved within 18 months.
· Tasked to deliver finance function transformation for a global xyz business spanning 20 countries; centralised core and outsourced non-core functions, delivering $00,000m savings; built reputation across organisation for a business critical finance function, with transformation model adapted as best practice across other functions.
· Led a major business review which overhauled an underperforming business and returned to profitability; secured Board agreement to major strategic changes, including 10% headcount reduction and aggressive cost savings programme which delivered xm savings.
· Rejuvenated an underperforming finance function through driving new systems; vastly improved controls and up skilling of staff and capabilities; attained clean audit report, delivered value adding financial reporting and increased confidence amongst internal clients.
Dates from - to, Company, Turnover
Be wary of simply listing job responsibilities and focus on key result areas. Examples:
· Headhunted to high volume European manufacturing business with aggressive growth and diversification strategic agenda.
· Integral role advising Board on potential acquisition targets to provide lower cost production options in Eastern Europe; led subsequent integration activities and delivered xyz cost and efficiency improvements.
· Led major review of European finance function, transforming from decentralised and disparate teams to a core centralised function with quality management reporting and effective controls; implemented outsourcing options, achieving xyz cost savings and redeployment of key personnel to financial analysis activity.
· Seconded to start-up project in Asia Pacific region ensuring all financial systems, controls and reporting in place; formulated financial models and business case templates to demonstrate ROI and secure xyz funding.
· Oversight of additional functions, including HR, procurement and supply chain, such as review of key leadership positions and capabilities to deliver a continuous improvement agenda.
Dates, Company, Turnover
· Appointed to provide leadership and strategic direction to a multi-million major project, including migration of xyz financial data from multiple legacy systems to a single platform; managed highly sensitive and political stakeholder relationships across multiple geographies, delivering successful programme within time and budget.
· Played key role in recovery and rejuvenation of a business transformation project for sister-company, including securing xyz funding for new systems investment; repositioned business for later doubling of turnover and x% increase in profits.
· Reviewed financial controls and systems for xyz division with later Group-wide adaption and roll- out as a global standard and best practice.
· Invited as keynote speaker at Group Financial Conference in recognition of achievements; approached to provide insights and commentaries at external professional events.
Dates, Company, Turnover
· Overhauled all financial reporting, managing information, controls, systems and operations for a xyz business.
· Reduced exposure through influencing diversification strategies, enabling reach to new clients and growth of existing client revenues by x%.
· Coached and developed a high performance finance team to provide high quality Board reporting and management information, and day-to-day guidance to business leaders on financial management.
· Project managed selection and implementation of xyz financial system, including all testing and migration of data ensuring zero impact to business.
· Appointed to Board in recognition of contributions to business growth.
Your CV should concentrate on last eight to 10 years of experience, with earlier roles captured within an earlier career section. This provides an opportunity to highlight key success areas from earlier roles.
CONTINUED PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT
MBA, School where attained
Professional financial qualifications and accreditations
Professional management training
Professional financial training
IT skills, including finance systems
References: Available upon request