After 20+ years of full time employment (largely with rating agencies), the start-up agency I was working for was suddenly closed in Jan. 2008. Since then, I have gotten some contract work but offers are getting less frequent now. I believe some of the CV issues I have are 1) too much time worked at rating agencies (unfortunately not seen as having relevant commercial experience in many financial services sectors) and 2) too old/experienced. In the meantime, I am refreshing my skills as I am now studying for an IMC and FRM certificates. I am flexible about taking more junior roles, am open to relocation and change in career- even to the public sector if annual compensation is at least 65k. Let me know your thoughts!
-Experienced credit professional with over 20 years fundamental credit risk analysis, research and risk advisory experience; credit risk management and monitoring including processing loan waivers and loan approvals; development of risk methodologies and models for PFI, infrastructure and public sector transactions; investment grade and leveraged corporates, whole business securitizations, specialized property asset backed transactions (OpCo/Propcos). Several hundred transactions analyzed and monitored over my career, geographically diversified across the UK, Middle East, US, and Canada.
-Sector experience: Expert in healthcare (care homes, hospitals); PFI and infrastructure including schools, hospitals, roads, motorway service areas, power, waste, ports, and project counterparties (contractors, FM providers, government bodies, NHS Trusts); leisure (hotels, theme parks, pubs, bingo halls). Solid knowledge of consumer products, retail and media industries.
-Commercial knowledge of a wide range of bank products (debt, equity and derivatives) including structure, covenants, pricing and documentation.
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
· 2009: (in process) Financial Risk Manager (FRM) & Investment Management (IMC) Certificates.
· 2007-8: Courses in Leveraged Finance for Corp. & Private Equity Transactions; Techniques in Corporate Valuations; Credit Risk Models; Quantitative Techniques in Risk Management and Financial modeling.
MBA in Finance from Ivy League US graduate business school
BA from US COLLEGE
Deep experience of fundamental credit analysis, research, credit risk modelling and valuation methodologies.
Knowledge of various bank internal rating models and Basel II
Prepare credit applications for approval involving presentation to funders and internal credit committees.
Perform due diligence on new transactions, monitor existing transactions, including deals in a deteriorating state that may require restructuring.
Assist in deal origination, including development of marketing pitches, building and maintaining client relationships, deal feasibility analysis; contribute to investment decisions and generation of structuring ideas.
Build new businesses and manage teams to successfully achieve business plans.
Undertake debt feasibility and scenario analysis to test default probabilities and loss quantification.
Build and run cash flow models stress testing and scenario analysis of single borrowers and loan portfolios.
Build or maintain internal databases and contract management.
Knowledge of RaRoc and VaR models for loan pricing, economic capital, and portfolio optimisation.
Experienced user of Excel with macros, Access database software and Powerpoint.
Nationality: USA. UK domicile (Permanent resident). Willing to relocate internationally.
Other interests: Investing; Biking; Blues/jazz music; Decorative Arts & Design.
Transaction and publications lists available on request.
Consulting Projects - London 2008-9
London Based Start-up Financial Advisory Firm: Dec. 2008-Feb. 2009
Prepared two bids for developing policies, procedures and tools for tendering, evaluating, structuring and monitoring PPPs in Swaziland and COMESA region of Africa.
European Infrastructure & Public Sector Bank: July-Nov. 2008:
Supported the credit team in preparation of credit applications; performed credit reviews, processed loan approvals and waivers. Transactions included UK PFI/PPP, Middle Eastern power, waste and asset finance.
Start-Up Ratings Agency Senior VP. May, 2006-Jan. 2008. London
Responsibilities and Accomplishments:
Developed European strategy for Structured Corporate & Infrastructure transactions in EMEA, identifying financing trends, rating opportunities and risk methodologies.
Prepared marketing pitches for intermediaries and investors increasing market awareness of the brand and differentiation from other rating agencies, including development of transaction specific models for investors.
Closed 1 transaction and performed ratings analysis on 5 others in 2007, including an infrastructure CLO for a bank. Achievements exceeded those of the company's other Structured Finance units in Europe.
Business closed in January 2008 due to parent company decision to cease funding.
Leading Global Ratings Agency, June 1987-May, 2006 London & New York
· Consistent track record of advancement as analyst, product and team manager;
· Transaction diversity, with focus on new debt products/structures;
· Based in 2 regions-Europe & North America;
· 3 practices- Corporate Finance, Structured Finance and International Public Finance
Responsibilities and Accomplishments:
Jan. 2002- May, 2006: Director, Int'l Public Finance Ratings
· Developed loss given default methodology for PFI secured bonds, and default risk methodologies for UK Foundation Trust hospitals, UK charities, social housing, universities, and European sovereign supported securitizations.
· Team Leader, responsible for International Public Finance rating activities in the UK and the Netherlands. Had managerial oversight of budget and team of 4 rating analysts.
Sept. 1998-Dec. 2001: Director, Corporate Ratings
· Lead analyst for Corporate Securitisations (WBS), involved in the development of credit risk methodologies and transaction ratings from market inception in the late 1990s. Responsible for analyzing credit risk of corporate loans in CDOs and evaluating bank internal rating models for CDO servicer due diligence.
· Worked with KPMG, building and benchmarking an internal rating model to the company's rating scale and methodologies to become Basel II compliant.
Aug. 1997-Aug. 1998: Consultant
· Created first branded corporate credit training course.
June 1987--Aug. 1997: Director & Associate Director, Corp. Ratings
Global team co-ordinator for the media (1999) and consumer products sectors (1995-97). Primary ratings analyst for European consumer products, textile, apparel and leisure sectors. Back up analyst for UK retail credits.
If you want to get in touch with this candidate (or to hire him/her), please email them at <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org."email@example.com. And if you too want to submit your CV to be reviewed on the site, please email <a href="mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"email@example.com.