20 September 2009
Scratching your head about how to fill in banks' application forms? Or simply looking for tips on how to impress graduate recruiters with your enthusiasm and experience?
Look no further - below are examples of classic questions found on real investment banks' application forms. Click on them for tips on the ideal answer.
· Which division of the bank are you applying to? Please provide details of the personal skills you developed that have prepared you for a role within this division.
· What extra-curricular activities have you been involved in that you think we would be interested in hearing about?
·Tell us about a time when you have led or been part of a successful team. What problems did you face? How did you overcome these problems and what was the final result?
· How have you felt about taking or initiating action which might be considered a risk?
· Describe a time when you have had to complete a number of important tasks within a tight deadline.
· Describe a situation where you achieved a challenging goal. How did you achieve this? What have you learnt from this?
· From the research you have done on our industry, how does our firm fit in with your career aspirations?
· What steps did you take in determining which investment banking firms you applied to?
Get the latest career advice and insight from eFinancialCareers straight to your inbox
Please click the verification link in your email to activate your newsletter subscription
to manage your subscriptions